Thursday, December 7, 2006



I was listening to a song earlier. It went a little something like this: “Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody wang chung tonight.” ... That’s it ... Oooh, oooh! I was lucky! I went to Safeway and I found that they had one bag of Thomas’ Blueberry Bagels left and I took it and I was beside myself! Those little fuckers sell like hotcakes ... ummm ... yeah ...



Anyway! What to write about? What to write about? I’ve been feeling pretty cynical lately. Everytime I turn on the T.V. I feel disgusted. The amount of conspicuous consumption out there is pretty disgusting -- especially now because its that time of year again.



I really don’t need much for myself. Whatever extra money I get from my grandmother or other family members or anywhere else, I give to charity. However, this year, I will be shopping for some cool shirts because I need them very much. Luckily, I live near San Francisco, which has some of the coolest second-hand stores in existence. I love shopping at these stores, not so much because the clothes TEND (emphasis on “tend”) to be cheaper, rather, they have the coolest, most offbeat clothes out there -- things you can’t find anywhere else. So I’m pretty excited about that. What are you guys getting for Christmas?



One thing that has been on my mind lately is the type of career I’m going to end up getting. I’m pretty frustrated because school is coming to a close and I am still not totally sure what I want to do. And I’m almost 28. This means that I might end up getting a job just to earn money. And the options aren’t great because I’m an English major. I went to see a career counselor recently for some guidance in this arena. He’s like: “Well, you can be a teacher or a technical writer.” When I heard the words “technical writer”, my skin crawled. I told him: “Look, pardon the expression, but I don’t want to be a corporate bitch.” I didn’t get much guidance.



As you have probably guessed by now, I think that people who work in the corporate sector -- just to make a lot of money and to buy SUVs -- are the scum of the earth. My brother-in-law is a case in point. He will be worth at least $100 million when all is said and done. What does he need all that money for? How many bottles of wine could he possibly drink? How much stuff does he need to own? I mean, he is thrilled to make a lot of money because ... well, he is thrilled to make a lot of money. Period. It’s so trite and petty to live that way. And so many people are like him -- especially in the U.S.



There is this national obsession with money, fast and flashy cars, jewelry, fancy clothes, and everything else. And my sister is even worse than he is because she married him for his money ... mostly because of his money, anyway. She wouldn’t give a garbage man the time of day. I can’t believe I’m related to her. And people want to do away with the estate tax because they even want to control their money from beyond the grave. And this just fucks their kids up for life because it gives them an overwhelming false sense of entitlement. Feliz fucking Navidad.

1 comments:

Blogger said...

Find out how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING online and are living their dreams TODAY.
SUBSCRIBE NOW

Post a Comment