Tuesday, October 10, 2006



Patricia Farinelli (36DD”, 25, 36) is a Playboy Playmate circa. 1981, whose curves are so exaggerated that it almost reaches the point of caricature. And I love every bit of it. She was a devout Catholic who eventually became a born-again Christian and was romantically involved with Burt Reynolds, Tony Danza, David Cassidy, and L.A. Lakers owner Jerry Buss. In other words, she’s a jesus-freak ho.



She was in a movie called “Wholly Moses” in 1980. Oh right -- Wholly Moses! That was really huge. According to IMBd, the movie’s tagline is: “The story of Herschel. He wanted to be Moses...but he didn't have the right connections. “ It starred Dudley Moore, Dom Deluise (is that guy still a celebrity? is he even alive?), John Houseman(?!!), Richard Pryor as a pharaoh, John Ritter as Satan, and Madeline Kahn. Sheesh! Do these people have no self-respect? Patricia appropriately played an “orgy guest”.



Anyway, my sister (who you all know is gay and lives in the Castro) went to see a gay-male band called “Scissor Sisters”. One of the reasons that this band is so popular amongst the gay community is due to the fact that the lead singer is a total diva who dresses in scandalously tight pants and shirts. And I guess you could consider him pretty good-looking. Though they are an American band, they aren’t much of a draw in America -- perhaps because of homophobia. They are extremely popular in Europe, though. They are a cross between Euro-pop and disco -- a mix I actually dig. Needless to say, I’m not a connoisseur when it comes to music.



Anyway, I didn’t think much of what she had to say about the group at the time because that sort of thing doesn't really interest me. Besides, I don’t really listen to music. However, due to serendipity (look it up, you lazy illiterates!) I was up early one morning (4:00 a.m.ish) due to my irregular sleeping schedule. The cool thing about that, however, is that that is when they actually play music videos on MTV and VH1. And (on some occasions) good music too, unlike all that garbage like Beyonce (who has made a career out of doing her damnedest to look white) and professional plagiarist, Puff Daddy. Is it just me or does it seem like MTV has been taken over by sorority girls and frat boys. I have absolutely no patience for scum like them.



So lo and behold, I started watching this video of a band whose music I actually enjoyed. It was a very unusual video. It kind of reminded me of that old Peter Gabriel music video, “Sledgehammer”. You know the one. Sure enough, it was the Scissor Sisters. Good times.



I was quite nonplussed to realize that “Scissor Sisters” is actually a sexual position for dykes. Lookee here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribadism. Therefore, it doesn’t seem like the right name for a gay-male band. Anyway, I’m always interested in hearing lingo from various subcultures -- especially considering the fact that I come from a demographic that is totally out of the loop (i.e. later-twenties, hermetic, white, upper-middle class, straight).

0 comments:

Post a Comment